There are lots of microbes that can invade the human body are also adequate of lashing out into the eye. In this article, 5 Tips for Preventing Eye Infections, the valuable tips for preventing eyes infection and also the art of maintaining healthy eyes are discussed.
1). Essential Hygiene for Healthy Eyes:
- Hand-washing is extremely important in preventing the spread of organisms that can cause infection. Sharing of towels, pillow cases, wash clothes, and makeup should always be avoided to prevent the spread of an eye infection.
- If any member of the family has an eye infection then one should use separate linens (clothes) and a fresh towel for each cleaning.
- Cosmetics could be a source or medium of recurrent eye infection, so avoid them if possible if one have eye problems.
- One should make sure to clean the eye area, particularly before applying any medication and when there is any type of discharge from the eye.
- If one wear contact lenses, then it should be taken care and one must make sure to disinfect contact lenses as instructed and replace them as appropriate.
- Always wash and also dry the hands before touching the eye or handling contact lenses and Use hand disinfectant frequently.
2). Safety All Day:
One must be attentive of tree branches and twigs when walking across the lane as getting scratched on the eye by organic matter is another way of acquiring a fungal eye infection also there are chances of eye injury resulting from spines or woody stem pinning the eye.
When protective eyewear is needed as a part of the job, one should make the habit of wearing the appropriate type at all times.
3). Avoid excessive sun exposure:
Excessive sun exposure can weaken the protective layer of the eye. One can wear protective eyewear for eye protection and when purchasing sunglasses, one should look for good quality standard glasses that block out 99 to 100 percent of both UV-A and UV-B radiation.
4). Rest for Eyes:
Spending a lot of time in front of the computer screen or focusing on any one thing without blinking can get eye fatigued. One must take adequate rest in between of the work to relax the eyes as this can help reduce eyestrain.
5). Good Nutrition For Healthy Eyes:
One should eat right diet to maintain healthy eyesight. Click here to know more about nutrition for healthy eyes.
References and Further reading :
- C health eye infections
- Amerian Optometric Association; http://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/caring-for-your-vision/?sso=y
- National Eye Institute-healthy vision