Lack of cleanness hygiene and clumsiness can breed in some serious skin infections that can spread to different parts of the body and disrupts the normal living, but the important and good thing is that these can be prevented easily by taking into consideration of the following 10 valuable skin health tips to prevent infections:
- Wash hands frequently or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer in case absence of soap and water especially before taking food or after contact with others’ potentially infectious wounds, skin, or soiled bandages or handling/feeding a baby.
- Wash clothes regularly for health and dry them in natural sunlight or high heat setting. Consider wearing gloves when handling dirty laundry.
- Take bath after Gym/workout or any other social sports activity as there are chances for spreading of infection from one to another through touch/contact or the usage of shared equipment.
- Especial Attention when on a hospital visit, wash hands frequently and also take a bath after the visit and take off old hospital clothes unto segregated laundry bag for subsequent washing of all these dirty clothes.
- During Gyming, Use a clean towel as a barrier between your bare skin and shared surfaces such as exercise equipment, sauna benches, or physical therapy tables and equipment etc.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands to help prevent the spread of infections. People tend to develop serious eye infection due to this self-damaging habit.
- Also Do not try to rub, squeeze o itch skin sores, which can worsen an infection and possibly spread it to others.
Try to Avoid skin getting dry, cracked, especially during the winter as healthy skin helps keep bacteria, viruses, and fungi on the surface of the skin from causing an infection underneath the skin.
- Do not share towels, washcloths, soap, razors, blades toothbrushes, or topical preparations (including deodorants, lotions, ointments, gels, or creams) as they act as the medium for transmission of infection.
- Try to use cotton clothes as apart from their body comfort they absorb excess sweat as well as allow fresh air to breathe in and hence prevent early odor formation.
- Keep your environment clean by washing or disinfecting things around such as bed sheet, pillow cover, yoga mat, personal and shared athletic gear and equipment.
References and Further reading: